Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Calling Cape Town Theatre Goers

Right, the time has come for me to put my money where my mouth is. I am going to start putting up the different shows on the blog in the week that they open. I'd like to invite you all to say what you thought about the show. The only "rule" is that the comment is not offensive to anyone.

To be honest, every new thing I try with Encore is terrifying - what happens if it doesn't work? What if no one is interested? Who am I to give a crit on a show? All I know is what I like, I am not a theatre boff (groupie maybe :0 ). What about that poor guy up there, singing his heart out and I don't like it? .....blah blah blah.

And then I thought, "Hey, this is essentially a diary and so what if no one reads it?" "Yes," the voice goes, " but I want it to be a way for people to get to know of shows before they close early, or is all sold out.... After all Cape Town waits to hear what everyone else says about the show before buying tickets." Then reason kicks in, "if people are interested they will find it".
Well if anyone is reading this - hi.. and why don't you add your thoughts about the shows.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our thoughts and comments on performances and the performing arts in the Western Cape, South Africa.