Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Soul Sings

This is a bit of a joke between Paul and myself as it is usually what I say after coming out of a fabulous show. Somehow that 60 minutes of suspended time and imagination just makes me feel elated, like I am flying. In the past three weeks. We went to see Hamlet at the HB Thom Theatre, False Witness in the Baxter Playground series and then Nick Rabinowitz at On Broadway. Each very different but with same effect, I suppose a bit like a drug. With the rising prices, especially of petrol, entertainment is normally the first item to be cut back. There is already some speculation as to how it is going to affect the size of audiences. Well in our household, something else must go. How can I lose my escape from the daily grind, my glimpse of beauty and one of the safest highs? I hope that you all keep going to the theatre too. Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our thoughts and comments on performances and the performing arts in the Western Cape, South Africa.